Professional Certification in Training & Facilitation for HR Practitioners
This is a 5-day course that will prepare those who are interested to design, develop, evaluate, assess and deliver corporate training programmes.
At the end of the course, you will acquire the competencies to assess learning needs, design and develop learning materials to conduct different types of training activities and deliver training.
This course will be interactive, incorporate practical exercises, assessments and a range of training techniques to facilitate the learning process.
• Create attention grabbing openings, creative ice-breaking activities.
• Techniques to manage anxiety and stage presence
• Design and structure a training session.
• Training styles and facilitation techniques.
• Techniques to increase participation and learning.
• Ways to effective instructions.
• Hands-on practice on training delivery.
• Analyse learning and non-learning needs.
• Understand the levels of evaluation and learning outcomes.
• Understand the ADDIE model.
• Apply adult learning principles.
• Conduct Learning Needs Analysis (LNA).
• Pinpoint dimensions of competencies.
• Link competencies with learning outcomes.
• Classify learning levels and learning styles.
• Relate the importance of audience analysis.
• Formulate learning objectives.
• Discuss qualities and skill-sets required to conduct LNA.
• State essentials of a training event.
• Analyse and relate to adult learning principles.
• Analyse adult learning principles.
• Formulate a captivating title for event.
• Generate a precise learning objective.
• Develop the training content.
• Apply the ROPE Model to organise content.
• Discuss the pros and cons of different types of experiential learning methods.
• Understand the thought process to design a learning activity.
• Discuss possible activities for Operational Personnel and Supervisory / Managerial Personnel.
• Discuss the importance of visual and audio aids.
• Understand how the different type of visual and audio aids will better the training.
• Structure the delivery of training content.
• Discuss the possible ways of delivering a message to the audience.
• Develop the lesson plan.
• Understand the importance and basics of group facilitation.
• Relate and Apply the processes in group facilitation.
• Prepare a training session.
• Develop a training session.
• Design of a training session.
• Discuss and Apply the various methods of Instruction.
• Assess the profile and needs of learners (e.g. goals and expectations).
• Set group norms.
• Conduct open activities.
• Lead training groups.
• Transfer lessons learning.
• Handle different types of participants.
• Enhance verbal communication skills in presentation.
• Acknowledge the importance of presentation etiquette.
• Relate the importance of and Practice active listening.
• Decide on the conducive training environment.
• Use appropriate visual aids to enhance the training.
• Address professional and ethical issues in presentations.
• Adjust and Accommodate to group diversity.
• Conduct follow-up and individual reviews.
• Set assessment criteria.
• Understand KirkPatrick’s theory of evaluation levels and Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy.
• Analyse the need to request for interim feedback during different levels of evaluation.
• Measure and interpret the effectiveness of the training program.
• Discuss various performance indicators to measure effectiveness of program.
• Convert data into monetary benefits.
• Calculate the Return of Investment (ROI) of Training.
• Measuring transfer of learning.
• Calculate the cost of training.
• Assess the effects of training.
• Review training outcomes based on agenda.
• Enhance the training effectiveness.
• Analyse the impact the training has on the organisational level.
Decades of experience in local and regional HR practices and expert knowledge in labour laws.
Carina Tien has over 20 years of corporate experiences in various multinational companies. Her experience and exposure include customer relations, human resources, training & development, sales administration, secretarial, advertising and business development.
In her previous appointment as the Membership Manager of a US renowned financial association, Carina travelled to many parts of Asia to expand her membership base. Some of her clients include Agricultural Bank of China, AmInvestment Bank Bhd, Axis Bank Ltd, Bank of China and China Construction Bank just to name a few. In addition, she had also worked closely with various financial regulators in Asia such as People's Bank of China and Reserve Bank of India, organizing financial seminars for the association to these institutions.
Carina is also a certified Life Coach. Her specialty is on guiding and supporting women through many transitions of their life and enabling them to become the woman they were truly meant to be. Her training focuses on the human transformation through experiential learning, coaching and facilitation. Often regarded as a powerful presenter, Carina takes keen interest in research and development of training programmes keeping in mind various organizational behaviour and work habits of participants. Carina specializes in communication skills coaching with focus on areas pertaining to presentation skills such as conducting team briefings, persuasive and influencing skills, conquering fears during presentation and leading effective meetings. Her areas of focus also include Business Etiquette, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Skills, Assertive Skills, Goal Setting and Personal Effectiveness, Customer Service and Handling Difficult People/Customers.
Besides training and facilitation, Carina is also an extremely versatile music practitioner with more than 10 years of teaching experience as well as more than 20 years of immense knowledge on the art of singing and performing and has been a regular performer for The Esplanade since 2003. With her experiences and passion in performing arts, she is willing to share her skills and knowledge with her students. She has students from different nations, such as France, Philippines, Thailand, United Kingdom, China as well as neighbourhood country, Malaysia.
Carina received her Degree in Business & Human Resource Management from UK. She also processes Diploma in Communication Studies, Diploma in Advertising, Diploma in Business Administration, Diploma in Image Consulting, Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages as well as an Advanced Certificate In Training & Assessment (ACTA). She is effectively bilingual in English, Mandarin and local dialects. Carina is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's Certified Trainer & Facilitator Course.
John Teo has more than 25 years of working experience in senior management and in sales and marketing of technical products and services. He has worked for an MNC, various SMEs and was a partner in a precision engineering company.
John’s real life experiences in managing projects include:
As a Department Manager In Diethelm Singapore, John managed 2 major projects in the installation of specialised marine ceilings and partitions in oil rigs.
As the General Manager of Materials Handling Engineering, he personally led the following projects:
• The first automated conveyor mail handling system for UOB;
• The first locally designed and manufactured Automated Guided Vehicle in Singapore;
• Automation of the Design Department.
The company became public listed in 1989.
As a Director of Apex Precision Engineering, John became the ISO Management Representative and brought the company to ISO 9001 certification in 1996.
As a consultant and trainer, John helped several MNCs and local SMEs to manage their various projects. They include:
• Premas International (property consultancy & valuation)
• Gemplus Singapore (Smartcard manufacturer)
• Siemens Hearing Instruments (hearing aids manufacturer)
• Healbeau Pte Ltd (beauty & skin care)
• Osacar City Film & Video (audio & video products)
John is a Certified Professional Trainer, as well as a Certified Professional Behavioural Analyst (CPBA). He holds a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Singapore, and has achieved the Advanced Certificate In Training And Assessment (ACTA). John is also a co-founder of the Association of Professional Trainers (Singapore). John is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's Certified Trainer & Facilitator Course.
John is also a performing magician and is presently the President of the Singapore Branch of the International Brotherhood of Magicians. He frequently uses magic in his lectures and presentations not only to enliven the audience, but to bring out important principles in a fun way.
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation. Susan is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
Bernard Tay has over 20 years corporate experience in human resource and development across varied industries ranging from airport services, telecommunications, electronics, appliances, medical to energy sector.
He has worked as regional manager in renowned America and Japanese organisation covering full spectrum of human resource management including expatriate and local compensation design and implementation for outbound and inbound overseas assignments.
He is a regular speaker and workshop facilitator to international and local participants keen to learn about topical issues in human resource and people behaviour. His training engagements and assessment have taken him to countries like Taiwan, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar. Bernard is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He has also completed almost a year of working stint in Virginia, USA.
• 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 February 2020 - 3rd Intake
Duration / Venue
• Five days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Mandarin Orchard Singapore or Sheraton Towers
Certification will be awarded upon successful completion of all the modules and Competency-Based Assessments. Participants who are certified as trainer will be considered to train for HRSINGAPORE®and its subsidiaries.
• S$ 2,180 for Community
• S$ 2,280 for others
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "All topics were critical & very interesting!"
• "Very interesting & adequately covered."
• "Thank you! Would have loved more time for discussion & case studies. Plenty of food for thought in application to my work." - Amy Kong, MSL Singapore
• "The activities were very useful in helping in the application of the knowledge given." - Veronica Jacob, Fei Yue Community Service.
• "Everyday of training is exciting. Good rapport built with the audience. Keep up the excellent work!" - Sim Joo Peng, Changi Women's Prison/DRC
• "I think all beginners (trainers) should attend this course in order to get a better view and be confident in the things that they are pursuing." - Zulkarnien, KB Associates
• "I learnt about the listener styles of the participants so that I am more aware when conducting courses. It’s challenging I thought. Really enlightening session when the trainer shares his experiences. Really enjoyed the course" - Kenneth Goh, Adecco
• "Wonderful Presentations by All. We have improved from Day One. Especially for some, the improvements are great. It is not easy to come up with a structured plan but it helps to make the lesson objectives/purpose clearer. Hard work but worth it! " - Yee Hwee, MINDEF Centre For Management Development.
Past Participant Organisations
• ACT Training International, Adecco Personnel.
• Bank Julius Baer & Co., Bilcare Singapore.
• Centenary Bank, Changi Women's Prison/DRC.
• D'eXecutive Services - MINDEF
• Fei Yue Community Service
• KB Associates
• MSL Singapore
• Singapore Sailing Federation