Develop a complete pay structure from scratch for those who perform a role in compensation and benefits.
Salary structures are designed and implemented to provide a framework for administering of the employee compensation programs. An effective administration of a compensation program would require a balance between the pay levels for employees inside the company and what employees could command in the markets.
This 1-day training provides an overview and walks through each of the major steps in developing a complete pay structure and is especially useful for novice in the arena of Compensation & Benefits.
Face-to-face training has resumed with safe distancing measures undertaken at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean. We will continue to adopt a small class size for all our courses and apologise if we are unable to accept your registration if the course status shows "Confirmed & Closed".
• Understanding the fundamentals of Salary Structure and its workings
• Defining and aligning the compensation philosophy with the business
• Evaluating jobs to create a job-worth hierarchy
• Creating and composing salary ranges and structure that are competitive in the marketplace
• Exploring technical considerations for salary structure design
• Carrying out data analysis to determine benchmark and non-benchmark jobs
• Developing pay structure setting minimum and maximum pay range
• Understanding the business case, information gathering and validation
• Establishing of the compensation philosophy to align with the business
• Evaluating jobs to determine relative values of individual jobs
• Selecting sources of external market data & preparing the data
• Market data analysis - determining benchmark and non-benchmark jobs
• Developing pay structure – setting pay ranges : minimum and maximum
• Differential between pay grades, pay ranges, levels, bands and pay structure
• Establishing pay grades and pay ranges
• Compa ratio and its relevance to recruitment & selection and career progression
Who should attend
HR Practitioners who are novice in the area of Compensation & Benefits or any line function personnel who requires in overview in construction of the company’s salary structure.
• Case study
• Pop quiz
• Hands-on exercises
Sin Lin Li is a seasoned Human Resource practitioner with more than 15 years of experience in the field. She has held HR generalist roles in top MNCs in various industries ranging from electronic, chemical, logistics, pharmaceutical to food & beverage manufacturing. Lin Li has solid experience in providing effective resolution to HR common day-to-day operational challenges and is the brainchild behind countless strategic cum tactical HR solutions implemented. Her knowledge and skills is largely broad-based and her involvement in training spans from training material development, train-the-trainer programmes to stand-up delivery. Besides leadership, HR and soft-skills training, Lin Li is experienced in conducting career coaching, mentoring and counselling.
Lin Li is currently providing HR consultancy services to SMEs in their People Management cum HR competencies and capabilities building and conducting training and coaching in leadership and HR subjects.
Lin Li holds a Master Degree in Human Resource Management, Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Graduate Diploma in Marketing. In recent years, with her increased interest in the area of Adult Education, Lin Li has also acquired the Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA).
• 16 February 2021 (4th Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Well planned and conducted!" - Lee Se Kiat, Murata Machinery Singapore Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Aramco Trading Singapore Pte Ltd, ARA Management Pte Ltd
• Compass Ltd, Charles Monat Associates Pte Ltd
• Device Electronics Pte Ltd
• Hoo Huat Engineering Pte Ltd
• MSI Global Pte Ltd, Ministry of Home Affairs, Murata Machinery Singapore Pte Ltd
• Nishio Rent All Singapore Pte Ltd
• PSGourmet Pte Ltd
• Samwoh Coporation Pte Ltd, STELOP Pte Ltd, SICK Product Center Asia Pte Ltd
• Thales Solutions Asia Pte Ltd, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
• Yamazaki Mazak Singapore Pte Ltd