Develop a complete pay structure from scratch for those who perform a role in compensation and benefits.
Salary structures are designed and implemented to provide a framework for administering employee compensation programmes. The effective administration of compensation programmes requires a balance between the pay levels for employees inside the company and what employees could command in the labour market.
This one-day training walks through each of the major steps in developing a complete pay structure from scratch and is especially useful for those who perform a role in compensation and benefits.
(Training Venues: In view of the current COVID-19 situation, all our classes will have a maximum of up to 9 participants. Hotels have taken strict measures such as daily disinfecting of all seminar rooms, cleaning the lift buttons and doorknobs, temperature taking for our participants and hand sanitizers are also available. Travel Declaration Form will be sent to all participants prior to the training sessions)
(Social Distancing: Traditional classroom setting with only ONE participant at each table, with a distance of one metre apart from another. Comfortable seating space at the lunch area. All participants have to wear a mask during the training)
• Understanding the fundamentals of salary structure and its workings
• Defining and aligning compensation philosophy with the business
• Evaluating jobs to create a job-worth hierarchy
• Creating and composing salary ranges and structure that are competitive in the marketplace
• Exploring technical considerations for salary structure design
• Carrying out market data analysis to determine benchmark and non-benchmark jobs
• Developing pay structure by setting minimum and maximum pay ranges
• Understanding the business case, information gathering and validation
• Establishing of the compensation philosophy to align with the business
• Evaluating jobs to determine relative values of individual jobs
• Selecting sources of external market data & preparing the data
• Market data analysis - determining benchmark and non-benchmark jobs
• Developing pay structure – setting pay ranges : minimum and maximum
• Differential between pay grades, pay ranges, levels, bands and pay structure
• Establishing pay grades and pay ranges
• Compa-ratio and its relevance to recruitment & selection function and career progression
Who should attend
HR Practitioners who are not compensation specialists or any line function personnel required to participate in constructing the company’s salary structure.
• Group discussion
• Practical hands-on exercises
Sin Lin Li is a seasoned Human Resource practitioner with more than 15 years of experience in the field. She has held HR generalist roles in top MNCs in various industries ranging from electronic, chemical, logistics, pharmaceutical to food & beverage manufacturing. Lin Li has solid experience in providing effective resolution to HR common day-to-day operational challenges and is the brainchild behind countless strategic cum tactical HR solutions implemented. Her knowledge and skills is largely broad-based and her involvement in training spans from training material development, train-the-trainer programmes to stand-up delivery. Besides leadership, HR and soft-skills training, Lin Li is experienced in conducting career coaching, mentoring and counselling.
Lin Li is currently providing HR consultancy services to SMEs in their People Management cum HR competencies and capabilities building and conducting training and coaching in leadership and HR subjects.
Lin Li holds a Master Degree in Human Resource Management, Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Graduate Diploma in Marketing. In recent years, with her increased interest in the area of Adult Education, Lin Li has also acquired the Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA).
• 22 July 2020 (3rd Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 550 for Community
• S$ 580 for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Well planned and conducted!" - Lee Se Kiat, Murata Machinery Singapore Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organisations
• Aramco Trading Singapore Pte Ltd
• Compass Ltd, Charles Monat Associates Pte Ltd
• Device Electronics Pte Ltd
• MSI Global Pte Ltd, Ministry of Home Affairs, Murata Machinery Singapore Pte Ltd
• Nishio Rent All Singapore Pte Ltd
• PSGourmet Pte Ltd
• Samwoh Coporation Pte Ltd, STELOP Pte Ltd
• Thales Solutions Asia Pte Ltd, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore