In an increasingly competitive environment and talent scarce market, it is important to design a robust salary structure in order to attract, retain and motivate your best individual employees and top performers who will make your company successful.
How should your company position relative to what competitors are offering to ensure your company remains competitive and attract the best job fit candidates?
This program will cover the key steps to help you develop a salary structure that is aligned to your company’s compensation strategy and is perceived by employees to be fair, competitive in the market, motivating and easy to understand. This will enable your company to compete more effectively in the war for talent.
• Understand the key elements to consider when developing a salary survey.
• Understand how to use the survey data to design a salary structure and salary ranges.
• Determine salary market rates for specific positions.
• Construct salary ranges, a job grade structure program.
• Develop an effective Compensation Strategy.
• Understanding the framework of compensation management.
• Analysing market salary data & job evaluation.
• Designing job level and salary structure.
• Understanding how to set position pay.
• Understanding how to communicate your compensation structure to your employees.
Who should attend
• Business Owners of SMEs.
• HR Managers, HR Executives, HR Business Partners.
• Finance Administrators who possess prior basic knowledge in compensation.
Jude Teo has well over 20 years of extensive hands-on Human Resource experience in the Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Electronic and Medical Devices / Instruments and Aerospace Industry. Jude is experienced in all aspects of human resources including the setting up of new HR departments, the recruitment & selection process, compensation and benefits, performance management, development of effective HR policies, development of HR work flow processes and Organizational Development.
Jude has served as the Head of Human Resources for various multinational companies from the pharmaceutical, chemicals and medical instrument industry. He had also successfully led several new multinational start-up projects formulating HR & HRD Strategies and Policies to support new business needs of the Company and ensuring the Employment Act and relevant government regulatory requirements are met.
Jude conducts Teambuilding, Compensation & Benefits, Employment Laws, Interviewing and Communication Skills Workshop. He also facilitates workshop to help companies develop strategic & operational goals and objectives.
Jude holds a Bachelor of Business in Human Resource Management and a Graduate Diploma in Training & Development. He is a Certified Administrator/ Trainer in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) instruments.
• Date to be advised - 5th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 650 for Community
• S$ 680 for Non-Subscribers
• PIC Claimable for Company Sponsored Participants.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "The trainer is awesome and he conducts his class in a very lively manner. I will definitely recommend his class to anyone who would like to know more about how to construct a proper salary structure. This workshop is very useful, relevant and helps a lot in aiding HR to construct a proper salary structure" - Susan Chia, Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
• "Using the survey date to design the salary structure and range is useful." - Celine Wong, Natixis
• "Very good training program, good event organization!"
• "Excellent program, I find Jude to be very knowledgeable and helpful. Wish the session could be longer duration"
Past Participant Organisations
• ASEAN Cableship, APSN, Auric Pacific Group, Baumann Spring Co.(S), Belt Collins International, China Aviation Oil (Singapore) Corporation, Combuilder, Courts (S), Glendale Electronics Components, Heraeus Shin-Etsu Quartz Singapore, Home Box Office (S), International Copper Association Southeast Asia, Leica Instruments.
• Malaysia Dairy Industrial, Mann+Hummel Ultra-Flo, Mayer Brown JSM (Singapore), MegaChem, Meinhardt (Singapore), Mercer (Singapore), MINDEF, MSI Global, Natixis, Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises, Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP), Systemed, Systems@Work, Teijin Polycarbonate (S), Unix Line, World Courier Singapore.