This workshop provides effective sources for recruitment as well as selection methods to hire the right candidates crucial to meeting manpower needs
Recruitment and Selection system and practices is the cornerstone of human resource function. This is because without the right talent, sourced and selected with the appropriate methods, no other functions in the organisation can operate at the optimal level. Thus it is critical that line managers and human resource practitioners acquire a good knowledge and skills to sharpen their ability to seek and select the right employees in terms of behaviour, skills and competencies. Job description, derived from job analysis, is a business tool as it helps the organisation to hunt for talent of different profiles and to reward and develop them accordingly to meet the business requirements. Without hiring right, all subsequent human resource activities are not aligned.
Therefore it is important that HR practitioners as business partners and hiring line managers be equipped with the knowledge and skills to write a good job description to use it to match and hire the potential employees with the skills needed to support business goals and objectives. Organisations that implement proper job descriptions are able to align their talent recruitment to business since employees will be suitably sourced and chosen to match their needs and the organisation.
The objective of this program is to provide participants with an in-depth treatment of job current recruitment and selection systems and techniques. Through the practical exercises adopted during the training, participants will learn how the effective sources of recruitment as well as the contemporary selection methods to hire the right candidates are crucial to meeting business needs for manpower.
• Process of job analysis and job description.
• Importance of job description to recruitment.
• Relationship between recruitment and manpower planning.
• Difference between recruitment and selection.
• Linking recruitment and selection to business plans.
• How to attract the best talent?
• What is the best selection method to hire the right candidate?
• Costly mistakes to avoid in candidate selection
• Metrics to measure effectiveness of recruitment and selection.
1. Job Analysis and Outcome - Job Description
2. Developing recruitment strategy and selection criteria
3. The LOFT principle of recruiting
4. Effective sources of recruitment
5. Creative recruitment strategies: Best practices used by well known organisations
6. Outsourcing recruitment vs doing on your own
7. TAFEP guidelines on job advertisements and fair recruitment practices
8. Many selection methods: which is the best?
9. Expensive mistakes made when selecting candidates
10. Selection Interview: Asking the right questions
11. Selection tests - how useful are they?
12. Measuring effectiveness of recruiting and selecting employees
Who should attend
• HR Managers, Line Managers, Supervisors and Administrators and Executives and those who are keen to have a good understanding and application of recruitment strategies and selection techniques to hire the right candidates for their organisation. New recruiters in employment agencies and search firms will also benefit from this course.
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, this interactive workshop incorporates:
• Drafting of job descriptions for effective recruitment.
• Identifying the appropriate sources of talent.
• Making a letter of offer to potential candidates.
• Practical role playing to apply the skills learnt in the workshop.
• Video clips on effective recruitment.
Benefits of Attending This Course
Participants will be able to assume the role of professional recruiter, and have full confidence to interview and select the right candidates to fill the openings in the organisation. They will also be able to appreciate the importance of having a good job description to operate the recruitment and selection functions efficiently and effectively. People who are currently not having recruitment responsibilities will find this course particularly useful in that they will acquire the fundamentals to enable them to move across to perform recruitment and selection functions.
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
1. How can I use job analysis and job description to support the recruitment function?
2. Where can I source a pool of suitably qualified candidates for selection?
3. How can I select the right employees to fill the job openings in my department?
4. What are the mistakes to avoid in interviewing a candidate?
5. What are the selection tools to assist me in identifying the qualities of a candidate?
6. How to implement a good recruitment and selection strategy to hire the best talent to achieve organisational goals?
Charlie Goh is a HR Practitioner with over 35 years of experience. He has expertise and profound knowledge in human resource development, compensation and benefits, payroll administration and management, talent management, performance management and employee communication and relations. He is a dedicated and performance focused professional with strong business acumen and work ethics.
Charlie has worked in various public and local organisations in different sectors such as hospitality, banking, retail, F&B and transportation. He has a strong understanding of all HR functions within an organisation and demonstrates detailed knowledge in the HR field as well as driving a company’s people management strategy.
Charlie possesses a MBA and a Bachelor Degree in Human Resource. He is also an adjunct lecturer of a local polytechnic conducting HR academic programs.
• 4 October 2023 (2nd Run) - Confirmed
• 23 February 2024 (3rd Run)
Duration / Venue
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
• Sheraton Towers Singapore (2nd Run)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 561.60 w/GST (S$520.00) for Community
• S$ 594.00 w/GST (S$550.00) for Non-Subscribers
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
Past Participant Organisations
• Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP
• Eu Yan Sang International Ltd
• Sumitomo Electric Automotive Products (Singapore) Pte Ltd
• Takenaka Corporation
• TotalEnergies EP Asia Pacific Pte Ltd