This competency-based certification program covers human resource management related fields and qualifies participants as a Certified Human Resource Supervisor.
Besides guiding and managing human resource services, policies, and programs, human resource supervisors also need to provide support to the employees and management, upholding the company’s values and to align HR strategy with business goals.
This eight-module competency-based certification program covers the human resource management related fields and qualifies participants as a Certified Human Resource Supervisor upon successful completion.
During this course, participants will be able to acquire a deeper understanding, knowledge and skills in various key areas of Human Resource, thus enhancing their key competencies as a Human Resource Supervisor and for providing further career development and advancement opportunities.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• Establishing an effective HR communication plan
• Writing good Job Descriptions implementing Job-Redesign programmes
• Acquiring a framework for Training Needs Assessment and Evaluation
• Identifying the essential contents in an Employee Handbook
• Developing Grievances Handling and Disciplinary procedures
• Learning the Basic Counseling Skills and techniques
• Conducting Employee On-Boarding and Exit Interviews effectively
• Creating Salary Ranges and Structures
• What is HR Communication?
• The cycle of HR Communication
• Challenges of HR Communication
• EQ in effective HR Communication
• HR Communication Plan
• HR Communication during change, layoff and crisis
• Communication as key enabler in 4 HR functions
• Job Analysis – Purpose and Process
• Methods & Techniques of conducting Job Analysis exercise
• Job Description and Job Specification
• Linking Job Description to Talent Management and other HR responsibilities
• Overcome challenges of Job Re-Design
• Practical knowledge and skills in Job Design and Re-Design
• Understand the need for result-based training
• Relate training needs analysis and training objectives to training effective evaluation
• Appreciate different evaluation models
• Learn the common evaluation levels
• Put into practice the basics of training effective evaluation
• Measuring training programs supporting business needs
• Essential contents that are required in an handbook
• Compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
• Incorporating codes of fair employment and recruitment practices
• Avoid mistakes and pitfalls in drafting an handbook
• Using handbook to protect from possible legal lawsuits
• Communicating with employees on the content of the handbook
• Putting in place a continuous process to review the handbook
• Promoting a positive work environment
• Employee engagement strategies
• Handling workplace conflicts
• Adopting flexible work practices
• Managing grievances and procedure to resolve
• Managing employee misconduct and workplace behavior
• Disciplinary process for misconduct
• Strategies for progressive discipline
• Learn types of approaches and various techniques
• Essential skills to effectively engage the counselee
• Strategies for problem-solving
• Apply modified problem-centered approach to counseling
• Common challenges faced and how to deal with them
• Learn to manage resistance and mistakes to avoid
• Managing and avoid burnout
• Plan, design and develop a successfully on-boarding program
• Facilitate on-boarding effectiveness
• Ways to integrate and engage new employees
• Develop exit interview questions and procedure
• Essential skills for conducting exit interview
• Avoid common pitfalls of the exit interview
• Report on exit interview findings
• Selecting sources of external market data and preparing the data
• Use market data analysis to determine benchmark and non-benchmark jobs
• Developing pay structures and setting minimum and maximum pay ranges
• Establishing pay grades and pay ranges
• Compa ratio and its relevance to recruitment function and career progression
HR Executives, Senior HR Executives, HR Supervisors, HR Generalists requiring specialized knowledge and skills in HR.
Applicants need to possess tertiary qualifications plus at least three years of relevant HR experience.
Decades of experience in local and regional HR practices and expert knowledge in labour laws.
Noel Khng has more than 20 years’ experience in the Human Resources field working for the Shell Group of Companies. He has taken on roles as a generalist as well as specialist roles in Recruitment, Staff Administration, Industrial Relations, HR Information Systems and Learning and Development.
He also worked as the Group HR Manager for Mewah International Inc., one of the largest palm oil refiners and traders in the world, headquartered in Singapore with 3 refineries in Malaysia and marketing offices in China, Australia, Russia, Rumania, Poland, Brazil and Argentina. Leading a team of 28 HR professionals, he was charged with setting the overall direction for HR policies and practices across the Mewah Group.
Noel is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Michael Giam is an international business professional with decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. Michael’s international breadth of experience spans both in public institutions and private corporations focusing mainly on business fundamentals and human capital to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
From a Senior HR Business Partner to Senior Vice President, Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco China Resorts (Holding) Limited (Macau). In his tenure at CWT, Michael was appointed by the CEO as the Management Representative to lead in corporate culture development and change. He has developed, implemented and coached several action programs that were necessary in the development of a learning culture within the organization and beyond. In 2003, Michael was selected by the industry to become one of the Executive Committee Members representing the Singapore hospitality industry to provide value-added initiatives and plans to the local government in enhancing the skills and value of the local workforce. He is active in helping the community, especially those unemployed and in poverty to reskill them and bring them back to the workforce.
In recent years Michael worked in China for Marriott to open new properties and some of its flagship hotels. Michael also worked for the Society of Petroleum Engineers in Malaysia as their Asia Pacific Director of Operations responsible for organizing and managing industry-related MICE activities. In his tenure, he has also developed good relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in many national oil companies and international oil and gas corporations. Michael also worked as an independent consultant handling several pre-opening and restructuring projects. This include assisting the GM in opening the first Wyndham flagship hotel in Singapore; worked as an interim General Manager to open an exclusive club for arts & culture professionals in Guangzhou; developed and implement a comprehensive strategic Customer Service Excellence Program for United Overseas Bank in China as well as providing professional HR service & consultation to the new rebranded Hotel Jen in Singapore.
Michael has always been interested to develop the next generation of talents and leaders. Since 1995, Michael has served as an adjunct faculty for several local and foreign universities as well as some adult learning institutions on topics including Human Resource Management, Coaching & Counselling, Business Contract & Maritime Law, Organizational Behavior, Customer Service Training and many others.
Michael received his MBA from an Australian University and holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (Facilitated Learning). He is a registered Practicing Management Consultant (PMC), a recognized SkillsFuture Mentor for SMEs in Singapore and also a Certified Senior Professional with IHRP Singapore.
Othman Marican has more than 30 years of experience as a practitioner in human resource management and industrial relations. He has spent many years in the labour movement and also held senior human resource management positions during his tenure of work.
During the span of his career, he has held several appointments at the national level including being a Member of the NTUC Central Committee, National Wages Council, National Productivity Board (now known as SPRING Singapore), Skills Development Fund Advisory Council. Among others, he has also served as a panel member of the Industrial Arbitration Court.
Othman has been a trainer / lecturer in many varied local training institutions since 1993 and currently serving as member of the board of directors in a community-based professional organisation and chairman of the human resource committee.
Charlie Goh is a HR Practitioner with over 35 years of experience. He has expertise and profound knowledge in human resource development, compensation and benefits, payroll administration and management, talent management, performance management and employee communication and relations. He is a dedicated and performance focused professional with strong business acumen and work ethics.
Charlie has worked in various public and local organisations in different sectors such as hospitality, banking, retail, F&B and transportation. He has a strong understanding of all HR functions within an organisation and demonstrates detailed knowledge in the HR field as well as driving a company’s people management strategy.
Charlie possesses a MBA and a Bachelor Degree in Human Resource. He is also an adjunct lecturer of a local polytechnic conducting HR academic programs.
Bernard Tay has over 20 years experience in human resource development and management in both private and public sector experience. He has worked as a regional manager in renowned American and Japanese global conglomerate. He has gained both local and international experience, having working for diversified industries ranging from banking, aviation, telecommunication, education, electronics, and energy to medical sector. He has also worked in USA where he focused on staffing and organisational development.
Bernard has extensive experience conducting human resource management and development programmes to local and international participants from different organisations. He has acquired working knowledge and experience in developing employee handbook, job analysis, job evaluation, job description and design, employee orientation and organisational downsizing. In addition he has been a Senior Assessor for Singapore Quality Award and People Excellence.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He is also a certified Advanced Certificate Training and Assessment (ACTA) trainer.
Adrian Wong has more than 25 years of experience as a Senior Regional HR Professional with many years of experience in diverse industries especially manufacturing, food and beverage, FMCG, Supply Chain, freight and logistics, consultancy and Information, education, financial ratings and research sectors.
Adrian has worked as the Corporate HR Director, Asia Pacific for McGraw Hill Companies, Vice-President HR for EGL Asia Pacific Holdings Company Pte Ltd, Vice-President HR International Division for Japfa International Pte Ltd, Regional HR and Quality Director, Exel Way & QSHE Director for MSAS/Exel/DHL, Personnel Manager for Motorola Electronics and General Motors.
He covers more than 12 countries in Asia Pacific from India to Japan, China and down south to New Zealand. He led HR teams in different countries reporting to him and covered the full spectrum of HR activities: talent acquisition, total rewards, training and development including change management, HR Operations and benefits for the region. His experience covers a number of Mergers and Acquisitions, takeovers, HR workforce restructuring, corporate social responsibility, HR Outsourcing, Employee communications, Industrial and Union negotiation, etc. His training experience includes Corporate Internal Trainer for Management Leadership Programs, leadership programs for First Line managers, Business Development programs, leadership transition programs.
While he was with the Supply Chain Industry, he has responsibility over Quality, Safety and Environment covering Asia pacific countries and directs ISO Quality certification programs, 1800 safety management and 1400 Environment programs for the group. He also developed the leadership management program jointly with NUS Business Management School for young leaders and covered the Exel Way launch for Asia.
Adrian is a certified DISC and DDI facilitator and was also a part time lecturer for an Australian University for its Bachelor and Masters programs (International Human Resource Management Modules) and a local Institute for its Human Resource Management, Training & Development and Strategic Management programs.
Adrian possesses a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and a Masters of Arts in Human Development. He also possesses Diplomas in Management Consultancy, Marketing, Industrial Management, Human Resource, Quality and Production Engineering.
Adrian has successfully completed the Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA). He is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
• 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 March, 5, 12, 19 April 2023 - Wednesdays (2nd Intake)
• 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 July, 5, 12, 19 August 2023 - Saturdays (3rd Intake)
Duration / Venue
• Eight days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
Certification will be awarded upon successfully completion of all the modules and passing of all the Competency-Based Skills Tests.
• S$ 3,550 for Community
• S$ 3,680 for others
• Instalment Payment Scheme is Available for Self-Sponsored
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Individuals who successfully completed the course and passed all Competency-Based assessments are entitled to use the designation "CHRS®" after their names.
Past Participants' Comments
• "I really enjoyed Mr Bernard's classes! Endless knowledge sharing and laughter included to make the classes so fun! I will come back again to HRSINGAPORE to attend more courses!" - Megan Oei
• "Good trainer (Adrian) with rich experience!" - Megan Oei
Past Participant Organizations
• HWI Healy World International Pte Ltd
• IMG Singapore Pte Ltd
• Straits Bunkering Pte Ltd
CHRS Graduates in 2022
- Clare Ng, CHRS, HWI Healy World International Pte Ltd
- Dana Lien, CHRS, IMG Singapore Pte Ltd
- Megan Oei Li Zuan, CHRS
- Tan Siew Ling, CHRS
- Liu Yanyan, CHRS