Besides guiding and managing human resource services, policies, and programs, human resource supervisors also need to provide support to the employees and management, upholding the company’s values and to align HR strategy with business goals.
This eight-module competency-based certification program covers the human resource management related fields and qualifies participants as a Certified Human Resource Supervisor upon successful completion.
During this course, participants will be able to acquire a deeper understanding, knowledge and skills in various key areas of Human Resource, thus enhancing their key competencies as a Human Resource Supervisor and for providing further career development and advancement opportunities.
• Establishing an effective HR communication plan
• Writing good Job Descriptions implementing Job-Redesign programmes
• Acquiring a framework for Training Needs Assessment and Evaluation
• Identifying the essential contents in an Employee Handbook
• Developing Grievances Handling and Disciplinary procedures
• Learning the Basic Counseling Skills and techniques
• Conducting Employee On-Boarding and Exit Interviews effectively
• Creating Salary Ranges and Structures
• What is HR Communication?
• The cycle of HR Communication
• Challenges of HR Communication
• EQ in effective HR Communication
• HR Communication Plan
• HR Communication during change, layoff and crisis
• Communication as key enabler in 4 HR functions
• Job Analysis – Purpose and Process
• Methods & Techniques of conducting Job Analysis exercise
• Job Description and Job Specification
• Linking Job Description to Talent Management and other HR responsibilities
• Overcome challenges of Job Re-Design
• Practical knowledge and skills in Job Design and Re-Design
• Different training needs analysis methods and its application
• Different evaluation methods and its usefulness
• Measuring training outcome and result
• Measuring impact of training on businesses
• Calculating return on investment on training
• Essential contents that are required in an handbook
• Compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
• Incorporating codes of fair employment and recruitment practices
• Avoid mistakes and pitfalls in drafting an handbook
• Using handbook to protect from possible legal lawsuits
• Communicating with employees on the content of the handbook
• Putting in place a continuous process to review the handbook
• Promoting a positive work environment
• Employee engagement strategies
• Handling workplace conflicts
• Adopting flexible work practices
• Managing grievances and procedure to resolve
• Managing employee misconduct and workplace behavior
• Disciplinary process for misconduct
• Strategies for progressive discipline
• Learn types of approaches and various techniques
• Essential skills to effectively engage the counselee
• Strategies for problem-solving
• Apply modified problem-centered approach to counseling
• Common challenges faced and how to deal with them
• Learn to manage resistance and mistakes to avoid
• Managing and avoid burnout
• Plan, design and develop a successfully on-boarding program
• Facilitate on-boarding effectiveness
• Ways to integrate and engage new employees
• Develop exit interview questions and procedure
• Essential skills for conducting exit interview
• Avoid common pitfalls of the exit interview
• Report on exit interview findings
• Selecting sources of external market data and preparing the data
• Use market data analysis to determine benchmark and non-benchmark jobs
• Developing pay structures and setting minimum and maximum pay ranges
• Establishing pay grades and pay ranges
• Compa ratio and its relevance to recruitment function and career progression
HR Executives, Senior HR Executives, HR Supervisors, HR Generalists requiring specialized knowledge and skills in HR.
Applicants must possess a recognized University Degree plus three years of relevant HR experience.
Applicants without a University Degree but possess HRSINGAPORE’s Certified Human Resource Administrator (CHRA) qualification plus three years of relevant HR experience will be considered.
Decades of experience in local and regional HR practices and expert knowledge in labour laws.
Lim Lie Tjing is an engaging & creative trainer with extensive HR experience within the public and private sector.
Over the past 20 years, she has held senior HR roles for the multinational corporations as well as startups in Singapore (6 years), academia in Hong Kong (6 years) and public/statutory sector in Singapore (8 years). In 2012, she transitioned from her Director role in Singapore National Research Foundation to a Trainer role in HRSINGAPORE to pursue her passion in talent development via coaching and learning. Her breadth of experience enables her to share best practice within and between different sectors.
As a qualified Trainer and Facilitator, Lie Tjing sees her role as a sounding board and a thinking companion on her trainees’ journey towards further self-awareness and developmental change, whilst adapting to their individual/team’s needs. On this journey, she endeavours to create a supportive and safe environment to allow them to ‘grasp the nettle’ and experiment with new mindsets and behaviours. She has been known in the HR fraternity to challenge while establishing supportive and honest relationships with people whom she works with.
Lie Tjing holds a Masters in Science in Social Research and Social Policy (Oxford University, UK), and Bachelor in Psychology and Social Work (McMaster University, Canada). She also possess a Certificate in Language Teaching for Adults (CELTA) from the University of Cambridge, UK and an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
Noel Khng has more than 20 years’ experience in the Human Resources field working for the Shell Group of Companies. He has taken on roles as a generalist as well as specialist roles in Recruitment, Staff Administration, Industrial Relations, HR Information Systems and Learning and Development.
He also worked as the Group HR Manager for Mewah International Inc., one of the largest palm oil refiners and traders in the world, headquartered in Singapore with 3 refineries in Malaysia and marketing offices in China, Australia, Russia, Rumania, Poland, Brazil and Argentina. Leading a team of 28 HR professionals, he was charged with setting the overall direction for HR policies and practices across the Mewah Group.
Noel is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Michael Giam is an international business professional with decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. Michael’s international breadth of experience spans both in public institutions and private corporations focusing mainly on business fundamentals and human capital to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
From a Senior HR Business Partner to Senior Vice President, Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco China Resorts (Holding) Limited (Macau). In his tenure at CWT, Michael was appointed by the CEO as the Management Representative to lead in corporate culture development and change. He has developed, implemented and coached several action programs that were necessary in the development of a learning culture within the organization and beyond. In 2003, Michael was selected by the industry to become one of the Executive Committee Members representing the Singapore hospitality industry to provide value-added initiatives and plans to the local government in enhancing the skills and value of the local workforce. He is active in helping the community, especially those unemployed and in poverty to reskill them and bring them back to the workforce.
In recent years Michael worked in China for Marriott to open new properties and some of its flagship hotels. Michael also worked for the Society of Petroleum Engineers in Malaysia as their Asia Pacific Director of Operations responsible for organizing and managing industry-related MICE activities. In his tenure, he has also developed good relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in many national oil companies and international oil and gas corporations. Michael also worked as an independent consultant handling several pre-opening and restructuring projects. This include assisting the GM in opening the first Wyndham flagship hotel in Singapore; worked as an interim General Manager to open an exclusive club for arts & culture professionals in Guangzhou; developed and implement a comprehensive strategic Customer Service Excellence Program for United Overseas Bank in China as well as providing professional HR service & consultation to the new rebranded Hotel Jen in Singapore.
Michael has always been interested to develop the next generation of talents and leaders. Since 1995, Michael has served as an adjunct faculty for several local and foreign universities as well as some adult learning institutions on topics including Human Resource Management, Coaching & Counselling, Business Contract & Maritime Law, Organizational Behavior, Customer Service Training and many others.
Michael received his MBA from an Australian University and holds an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (Facilitated Learning). He is also a registered Practicing Management Consultant (PMC) and a member of Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI).
Othman Marican has more than 30 years of experience as a practitioner in human resource management and industrial relations. He has spent many years in the labour movement and also held senior human resource management positions during his tenure of work.
During the span of his career, he has held several appointments at the national level including being a Member of the NTUC Central Committee, National Wages Council, National Productivity Board (now known as SPRING Singapore), Skills Development Fund Advisory Council. Among others, he has also served as a panel member of the Industrial Arbitration Court.
Othman has been a trainer / lecturer in many varied local training institutions since 1993 and currently serving as member of the board of directors in a community-based professional organisation and chairman of the human resource committee.
Aileena Wong has more than 20 years of Human Resource management experience with various industries including mining, construction, manufacturing, commerce and education. She has experiences working alongside and leading both local and regional (China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and the Philippines) HR teams with private as well as public listed companies.
Aileena was instrumental to spearhead various key HR programs including change management, M&A, development of employee onboarding and competency framework, establishment of HR systems for start-ups, set up compensation guidelines and system for international employment, sales team and for all levels of employees from frontline to board level. With her in-depth knowledge on full spectrum of human resource management, Aileena has conducted various workshops and shared her HR passion with the participants.
Aileena possesses a Masters in Human Resource Management. She also possesses a Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, a Diploma in Research, a Diploma in Directorship and is certified in Compensation Management and Change Management. Aileena is currently completing a Professional Doctorate in Business Administration.
Sin Lin Li is a seasoned Human Resource practitioner with more than 15 years of experience in the field. She has held HR generalist roles in top MNCs in various industries ranging from electronic, chemical, logistics, pharmaceutical to food & beverage manufacturing. Lin Li has solid experience in providing effective resolution to HR common day-to-day operational challenges and is the brainchild behind countless strategic cum tactical HR solutions implemented. Her knowledge and skills is largely broad-based and her involvement in training spans from training material development, train-the-trainer programmes to stand-up delivery. Besides leadership, HR and soft-skills training, Lin Li is experienced in conducting career coaching, mentoring and counselling.
Lin Li is currently providing HR consultancy services to SMEs in their People Management cum HR competencies and capabilities building and conducting training and coaching in leadership and HR subjects.
Lin Li holds a Master Degree in Human Resource Management, Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Graduate Diploma in Marketing. In recent years, with her increased interest in the area of Adult Education, Lin Li has also acquired the Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA).
• 2, 16, 23, 30 August, 6, 13, 20, 27 September 2019 - Fridays (1st Intake)
Duration / Venue
• Eight days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
Certification will be awarded upon successfully completion of all the modules and passing of all the Competency-Based Skills Tests.
• S$ 3,550 for Community
• S$ 3,680 for others
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Individuals who successfully completed the course and passed all Competency-Based assessments are entitled to use the designation CHRS after their names.