This competency-based certification trains and certifies participants who perform hiring, recruitment and staffing tasks, formulate staffing strategies and resolve staffing issues.
This Certified Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment) course consists of five modules (7 days) and is designed to train and certify participants who need to perform various recruitment, staffing and placement activities, formulate recruitment strategies and resolve staffing issues.
As the CHRS® (Recruitment) course covers the major elements of the recruitment function and it is skill based, participants will be certified as a Human Resource Specialist (Recruitment) upon successful completion of the course.
During the training, participants will learn to perform job analysis, evaluate recruitment needs, understand recruitment issues, workplace hiring practices, laws relating to hiring and gain knowledge in effective staffing and recruitment strategies.
(Face-to-face training at our hotel venues which are certified SG Clean)
• Acquiring knowledge on the recruitment function.
• Identifying laws and regulations relating to hiring in Singapore.
• Identifying various recruitment strategies and tactics.
• Building an employer brand to attract talent.
• Developing effective selection interview strategies.
• Using reference checking method and background investigations.
• Learning employee retention strategies.
• Job analysis.
• HR planning.
• The recruitment process.
• The selection process.
• Labour force trends and implications.
• Types of Employment Contracts.
• Conditions for Termination.
• Conditions for payment / Deduction of salary.
• Statutory Benefits.
• Maternity & Child Care Benefits.
• Foreign Manpower Policy.
• Employment of Foreign Manpower Act affecting recruitment of foreigners.
• Recruitment Processes.
• Recruitment Strategies & Tactics.
• Using Social Media and Googling for Candidates.
• Building Relationships With Candidates & Hiring Managers.
• Driving A "Recruiter" Mindset Throughout The Organization.
• Establishing A Workforce Planning Model.
• Building An Employer Brand To Attract Top Talent.
• Cost Of Recruitment.
• Effective Onboarding.
• Application Forms.
• Administering Selection Tests.
• Selection Interviews.
• Pre-employment Screening.
• Reference Checking Methods.
• Background Investigations.
• Making the Job Offer.
• Employee Transition.
• Talent Acquisition.
• Workforce Flexibility.
• Retention Management.
Decades of experience in local and regional HR practices and expert knowledge in labour laws.
Othman Marican has more than 30 years of experience as a practitioner in human resource management and industrial relations. He has spent many years in the labour movement and also held senior human resource management positions during his tenure of work.
During the span of his career, he has held several appointments at the national level including being a Member of the NTUC Central Committee, National Wages Council, National Productivity Board (now known as SPRING Singapore), Skills Development Fund Advisory Council. Among others, he has also served as a panel member of the Industrial Arbitration Court.
Othman has been a trainer / lecturer in many varied local training institutions since 1993 and currently serving as member of the board of directors in a community-based professional organisation and chairman of the human resource committee.
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. Her experience spans across industries like telecommunications, market research, information technology and healthcare. She was holding managerial positions in various organisations and her last position was Senior Manager, Learning and Development, in a local large organisation.
Susan conducts various programmes, ranging from personal development to leadership. She has conducted programmes on Leadership Development, Competency-Based Interview and teambuilding. She is also certified as a DISC Behavioural Consultant, NLP Practitioner and WSQ-ESS programme facilitator.
Having been in the role of a Senior Human Resource Practitioner with management responsibilities, Susan has leadership and facilitation experience. As such, she is able to share and impart her knowledge and experience in areas like interviewing skills, performance management and people management. She has conducted numerous training sessions for organisations such as ACNielsen Research, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Parkway Health, Starhub, Sanmina-SCI, John Wiley and Sons, NTUC First Campus, DTZ, Jurong Port and more.
Her passion lies in being able to contribute to improving the competencies of her participants through interactive sessions. She firmly believes that competent people make a big and positive difference to the organisation. Susan is currently one of the trainers for HRSINGAPORE's HR Certification Courses.
Susan holds a Bachelor of Business in Business Administration (Distinction Award) and also a Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Bronze Award). She is also certified in Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
Bernard Tay has over 20 years' experience in human resource development and management in both private and public sector experience. He has worked as a regional manager in renowned American and Japanese global conglomerate. He has gained both local and international experience, having working for diversified industries ranging from banking, aviation, telecommunication, education, electronics, and energy to medical sector. He has also worked in USA where he focused on staffing and organisational development.
Bernard has extensive experience conducting human resource management and development programmes to local and international participants from different organisations. He has acquired working knowledge and experience in developing employee handbook, job analysis, job evaluation, job description and design, employee orientation and organisational downsizing. In addition he has been a Senior Assessor for Singapore Quality Award and People Excellence.
Bernard graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics and an Upper Honours degree in Sociology from National University of Singapore (NUS) and subsequently obtained his Masters Degree in Education and Human Development from George Washington University, USA. He is also a certified Advanced Certificate Training and Assessment (ACTA) trainer.
Charlie Goh is a HR Practitioner with over 35 years of experience. He has expertise and profound knowledge in human resource development, compensation and benefits, payroll administration and management, talent management, performance management and employee communication and relations. He is a dedicated and performance focused professional with strong business acumen and work ethics.
Charlie has worked in various public and local organisations in different sectors such as hospitality, banking, retail, F&B and transportation. He has a strong understanding of all HR functions within an organisation and demonstrates detailed knowledge in the HR field as well as driving a company’s people management strategy.
Charlie possesses a MBA and a Bachelor Degree in Human Resource. He is also an adjunct lecturer of a local polytechnic conducting HR academic programs.
• 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 August, 5, 12 September 2023 - Tuesdays (4th Intake)
• 4, 11, 18, 25 November, 2, 9, 16 December 2023 - Saturdays (5th Intake)
Duration / Venue
• Seven days
• 9 am to 5.30 pm
• Hotel seminar room
Certification will be awarded upon successful completion of all the modules and Competency-Based Assessments. Graduates are entitled to use the designatory title "CHRS® (Recruitment)" after their names (namecards, linkedin profiles, correspondences etc) for recognition of their achievement and their names will be published on our website to gain wider recognition by the HR industry.
• S$ 3,348.00 w/GST (S$3,100.00) for Community
• S$ 3,456.00 w/GST (S$3,200.00) for Non-Subscribers
• Instalment Payment Scheme is Available for Self-Sponsored
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Lunch will be provided
Past Participants' Comments
• "The practical assessments (role plays) and sharings amongst the class are very useful!" - Jane Lim, DSO National Laboratories
• "Susan was very engaging! Very meticulous!" - Rachel Ng, TripAdvisor Pte Ltd
Past Participant Organizations
• Atlas Services Group Singapore Pte Ltd
• DSO National Laboratories, Da Paolo Group Pte Ltd
• HWI Healy World Singapore Pte Ltd
• Ifm Electronic Asia Pte Ltd
• Jabil Circuit (S) Pte Ltd
• Perennial Partners
• Sree Narayana Mission (Singapore)
• TES Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, TripAdvisor
• UEMS Solutions Pte Ltd
CHRS (Recruitment) Graduates in 2013
- Jane Lim Lee Hwa, CHRS (Recruitment), DSO National Laboratories
- Tong Mee May, CHRS (Recruitment), Jabil Circuit (S) Pte Ltd
- Azrina Binte Ahmad, CHRS (Recruitment), TES Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Rachel Ng Qi Hui, CHRS (Recruitment), TripAdvisor Pte Ltd
CHRS (Recruitment) Graduates in 2022
- Chris Anthony Lawrence, CHRS (Recruitment), Atlas Services Group Singapore Pte Ltd
- Leong En Cheng, CHRS (Recruitment), Atlas Services Group Singapore Pte Ltd
- Huang Linying, CHRS (Recruitment), Da Paolo Group Pte Ltd
- Sim Pei Yuin, CHRS (Recruitment), Ifm Electronic Asia Pte Ltd
- Lee Bee Jia Evelyn, CHRS (Recruitment)
- Karisma Kupusamy, CHRS (Recruitment), Sree Narayana Mission (Singapore)
CHRS (Recruitment) Graduates in 2023
- Clare Ng, CHRS (Recruitment), HWI Healy World Singapore Pte Ltd
- Vynnie Tan, CHRS (Recruitment), Perennial Partners
- Vijayta, CHRS (Recruitment)
- Julius Fam, CHRS (Recruitment), UEMS Solutions Pte Ltd