The seminar provides practical tips and proven HR best practices to enhance understanding and application of Philippine Labour Laws
The Philippines has a strong economic performance and robust growth outlook. The country offers unique and sustainable growth with GDP expected within the range from 6% to 7% in 2015.
Growth areas anticipated are from manufacturing, construction and services industries as the global economy slowly recovers. An improving business environment, encouraging government industry incentives and highly competitive labour resources make Philippines as an alternative Asian investment destination. The Filipino labour pool is one of the country’s economic advantages.
Among the Asian countries, the Philippines labour law has been regarded as one of the ‘pro-labour’ employment acts. The dynamics and creativity of HR professionals continues to drive and maintain the ‘industrial peace’ in the country.
This one day seminar of HR Laws offers a wide array of course out-line focusing in both the important features of ‘Labour Code of the Philippines” Presidential Decree No. 442, as well as the HR and legal practices in the different industries.
The seminar includes ‘practical tips’ and proven HR ‘in-country’ best practices to enhance understanding and application of Philippine Labour Laws’. It will equip HR professionals with necessary knowledge and understanding to maintain ‘employee engagement’ and prevention of ‘labour disputes’ in the Philippines.
The seminar will be conducted by Mr. Boyet Papasin. He is a seasoned HR professional with extensive experience in the HR application of Philippine Labour laws.
• Important features of ‘Labour Code of the Philippines” Presidential Decree No. 442.
• HR and legal practices in the different industries.
I. Understanding of Labour Code of the Philippines
• Presidential Decree No. 422
II. Formulation of HR Policies and Terms and Condition of Employment
• Minimum Wage
• Work Hours and Over Time
• Night Shift and Rest Days
• Regular and Special Days
• Service Incentive Leaves
• Rest Day Computation of Wage
• Working Hours/Overtime/Holiday Pay
• Case Study on the “Flexible Labour Standards
III. Maternity, Paternity, Parental Leaves
• Normal Delivery
• Caesarian Sections
• Advance Payment of Maternity Benefits
IV. 13th Month Pay as Required by Law.
V. Types of Employment
• Regular (Permanent) Employment
• Project / Fixed-Term Employment
• Seasonal Employment
• Fixed-Period Employment
• Consultancy Contract
VI. Management of Statutory Social Welfare & Benefits
• Prohibition Against ‘Diminution of Benefits’
• Contribution Social Security System
• Pag-Ibig Fund
• National Health Insurance Program
• New BIR Regulations on ‘De-Minimis Benefits’
• Case Study on Government Benefit Compliance
VII. Labour Management Relations
• Labour Unions
• Labour Centers
• Labour Federations
• Collective Bargaining Agreement
• Unfair Labour Practices
VIII. Employment of Foreigners
• Alien Employment Permit
• Special Investor Resident Visa
IX. Book Six of The Labour Code – Termination of Employees
• Security of Tenure
• Grounds for Legal Termination
• Case Study on Suspension and Dismissal of Employees
• HR Professionals.
• Regional HR Administrators.
• All business professionals who would like to gain knowledge and application of Philippine laws across different industries to maintain and promote their labor force in their Philippine operations.
His most recent role as the Head of Regional HR for Asia Pacific has earned him a track record in championing HR leadership in a large multinational consulting firm in a multi-matrix organization. He is also passionate about people development and building high performing teams in his HR global role.
He has lived in Singapore for 7 years as Singapore Permanent Resident, travelling in APAC to cover at least 9 countries.
In 2011, Boyet has obtained a Master’s Degree in Human Resources gained from a top European University. He has Bachelors of Arts Degree in Behavioral Science gained from University of Santo Tomas (Philippines) and an Associate Degree in Philosophy.
• 20 March 2018 - 17th Run
• One day
• 9 am to 5:30 pm
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
• S$ 850 for Community
• S$ 880 for Non-Subscribers
• Skills Connect WDA Reference CRS-N-0010977.
• Skills Future Credit for Self-Sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above.
• Coffee & tea with snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks
• Buffet lunch with vegetarian & halal options
Past Participants' Comments
• "Great trainer, very patient to explain!"- Esther Lim, Alfa Laval (S) Pte Ltd
• "Trainer is good! Informative" - Noorjahan Binte Abdul Subhan, Leighton Contractors (Asia) Limited
• "Useful insight which provide a better understanding of the HR Law in Philippines. Very interactive session as participants can have their questions answered." - Nuraini Zainol, International Copper Association Southeast Asia Ltd
• "The trainer is very well-learned, experience and give clear statement & easy analogies that enable us to grasp the subject easily." - Lim Thou Mui, Swarovski Singapore Trading Pte Ltd
• "This is definitely a much better workshop I attended. Always better to have a really experience trainer who is able to share his own experience and to give us a real picture of what's happening other than what we can read on books. Thanks!" - Tan Mei See, Omron Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
• "It's an effective & fruitful seminar for me." - Grace Liu, Glenn Defense Marine
• "A good overview of the employment scene in the Philippines." - Chan Mei Lide, Imation Singapore
• "Overall useful and good overview for background understanding." - Quek Seok Leng, AT&T
• "Very well versed in the Philippines labour law." - Geraldine Tan, Spirax Sarco
Past Participant Organisations
• 3D Networks, Achieva, Advantest, AECOM Singapore Pte Ltd, AET Tankers, AETN Asia, Aida Greater Asia, Aircom International, Alcan Packaging Services, American Power Conversion, Arkema, Ashland Singapore, AT&T Singapore, Avi-Tech Electronics, AAC Technologies Pte Ltd, Adventus Singapore Pte Ltd, Alfa Laval Singapore Pte Ltd, Arrow Electronics Asia (S) Pte Ltd.
• Beiersdorf Singapore, Brunel International SEA.
• CH2M HILL Singapore, Chemetall Asia, ChevronTexaco, Ciba Specialty Chemicals, CommScope Solutions, CentiForce Instruments, CMC Communications (Singapore), Cartrack Technologies South East Asia Pte Ltd.
• DMG Mori Seiki South East Asia, DOCOMO interTouch, Dyna-Mac Engineering Services, Draeger Singapore Pte. Ltd.
• EDS International, EMC, Epson Singapore, Epic Ship Managment Pte Ltd.
• Fujikura Asia, Formfactor Singapore.
• Gemalto, Glenn Defense Marine, GoSwiff International.
• Haworth Singapore, Havi Food Services, Honeywell Safety Products c/o Kings Shoe Manufacturing, Honeywell, Hawker Pacific Asia.
• IE Singapore, Imation Singapore, Ingram Micro, International Copper Association SEA, ITW, Infineon Technologies, Ingenico International, Ingersoll-Rand Singapore Enterprises Pte Ltd.
• John Bean Technologies Singapore, John Wiley & Sons.
• Keppel Land International, Khattar Wong & Parters, Kulicke & Soffa (SEA), Kulicke & Soffa, Kumon,
• LANWorks, Leighton Contractors (Asia) Limited (Singapore Branch), Lucent Technologies.
• Manufacturing Integration Technology, Matsushita Avionics, MCIWorldCom, Millennium & Copthorne International, Ministry of Manpower, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Asia Pacific, MOL Bulk Carriers, MTM Ship Management, Maccaferri (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
• National Instruments Singapore (Pte) Ltd, National Starch, NCS, Nexwave Technologies.
• Omron Asia Pacific, ONG&ONG, Oracle Corporation.
• Pall Filtration, Palmgold Corporation, Panasonic Industrial, Petronas.
• Reuters Singapore, Rockwell Automation Asia Pacific Business Center Pte Ltd, RS Components.
• SABIC Asia Pacifc, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, SEW Eurodrive, Singapore Tourism Board, Sodick Singapore Pte Ltd, Spirax Sparco, Standard Chartered Bank, STMicroelectronics Asia Pacific, STT Communications, Swarovski Singapore Trading, Symantec Asia Pacific, Sysmex Asia Pacific.
• Tanaka Kikinzoku (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Teraoka Weigh-System, Tesa Tape Asia Pacific, Total Petrochemicals SEA, Trans World Radio, TriQuint International, Tyco Healthcare, Topcon Singapore Holdings, Tekmark Pte Ltd.
• Veeco Asia, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies (SEA), Virtual HR, Visa International, V.Ships Asia Group.
• WD Media (Singapore), Weatherford Asia Pacific, Wilmar Trading.
• Yahoo! Singapore.